And back to our previous programming…

IMG_0266

This was a shot from the car as I drove to Lillooet this morning. I was in search of some native plants to put in the yard, and Splitrock Environmental was the destination. I was delighted to pick up a wild rose, a saskatoon bush, and a mock orange as shrubs, and some arrow leaf balsam root flowers which will hopefully still bloom for me. I added a nodding onion as well, as the very helpful woman at the nursery had me smell and taste it – like chives but grows wild here.  This city girl got it finally, as I puttered in the yard this afternoon. As I dug I could hear hummingbirds flitting around, and at one point the sharp chatter of an eagle. A neighbour came by and we chatted, and someone I know drove by and hollered from his truck. This ain’t the big city anymore.

IMG_0259

This was taken on a walk yesterday on the west side of the river. Not sure of the age of this cabin, but there are ruins from a Chinese railway settlement just near here that date from around the 1880’s.

There are some fierce moments that happen here. My heart’s companion is with me somehow. Big as the wide sky.

(I drove very carefully to Lillooet, watching for deer. There were several and several mountain sheep too. Some muttering under the breath may have occurred. )

Knitting? Oh, I will get to that someday.

7 thoughts on “And back to our previous programming…

1. mugo April 22, 2017 / 6:08 am

Time to transition (mentally) from ‘uppity city women’ to ‘wild mountain woman’. In the 1970’s there were tee shirts!

• lynngrayross April 22, 2017 / 9:56 am

My T-shirts were always tie-dyed, specially with indigo 🙂 Loved this blog and the photographs. I’m setting out some herbs in my garden and loving the tulips, etc. I planted in fall. It’s such a glorious time of year.

• warpandwoofknitting April 22, 2017 / 2:44 pm

Hi Lynn; As it happens one of my neighbours has expressed an interest in doing some natural dyeing here- what a great way to make friends and I am keen to do it. Glorious is indeed the word for spring. Now that it’s finally come it’s an explosion and I have lots to learn. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad

• lynngrayross April 24, 2017 / 4:06 pm

That’s great! I have many fond memories of collecting plants & dyeing kilos of yarn and the odd T-shirt. Have fun! Today would be a bit tricky because we have very unseasonal snow 🙂

• warpandwoofknitting April 22, 2017 / 2:46 pm

Hi Rev. Mugo; You are absolutely right! As of yesterday, it has been one full month since I came here- transition in full swing. Thank you, and here’s hoping I will be able to show you some of the things I’ve planted.

Sent from my iPad

2. Mom April 22, 2017 / 1:49 pm

My girl, even with the events of the past week, you are sounding happy in the country

• warpandwoofknitting April 22, 2017 / 2:41 pm