July as Adventure

By a fluke of timing I have had the luck to explore, in short trips, some wondrous places this month.

Grant logged up here many years ago, so I was curious to see it. As it turns out, over forty years ago we did a family trip up this same inlet. I remember aspects of it clearly, others not so much. The impact of the mountains remained.

Princess Louisa Inlet on the Sunshine Coast.

IMG_2923.JPG

IMG_2915.JPG

The guide on the boat told us that the age of this image was debated with the First Nations Elders – 500  years or many more – it isn’t definitively known.

IMG_2899.JPG

Images of logged areas in rugged terrain.

This beautiful place. Forty years since my last visit. The mountains take no notice.

6 thoughts on “July as Adventure

1. mugo July 17, 2016 / 6:29 pm

Lovely. Lucky you to go on this trip. Sunny here in Cumbria. Better get out before it gets too late. Happy day, good Sunday

• warpandwoofknitting July 17, 2016 / 6:35 pm

Oh my that was quick, hearing from you right after I posted. I love the immediacy! Thanks Rev. Mugo. A good day to you too. >

2. Sandra July 17, 2016 / 9:32 pm

What a wonderful area to explore! It’s on my “bucket list”. We head up that way relatively often but somehow never manage to make the time to visit. Beautiful, interesting and inviting photos.

• warpandwoofknitting July 17, 2016 / 9:56 pm

Thanks Sandra; Its well worth doing, even to do a touristy thing like a boat tour – it wasn’t overcrowded, it was really worth the time and money. I think I will go again sometime, I bet you and your husband and that great van would find it so rewarding – you are fellow BC aficionados!

3. TextileRanger July 17, 2016 / 10:40 pm

My favorite place on earth is a very small mountain range in Texas (I’m sure to the rest of the world they are just hills). But whenever I am stressed I can go there in my mind, and I find it a comfort to think of those rocks just being, changing so slowly over millennia, and not having to notice our small and busy lives. 🙂

• warpandwoofknitting July 18, 2016 / 3:35 pm

You’ve described it perfectly. I get myself “re-booted” in terms of perspective when I am in sight of these peaks. I always appreciate your comments – thank you.