Up High

En-route to my friend’s place I hung out here. Skihist Provincial park day use area. High above the Thompson River in the Fraser Canyon.

The next day, the “invincible” car took me high above the Botanie Valley. The wildflowers were peaking I think. I watched a Barred Owl and a Red Tailed Hawk squabble after what looked like a surprise encounter. It was brief and noisy and ended with both birds flying in opposite directions each calling loudly. This right above my head essentially.

It was difficult to heed my sore feet and stop walking.

Thanks for letting me park the tin can in your yard Victor.

8 thoughts on “Up High

1. Sandra July 1, 2016 / 10:16 pm

You travel and visit the most beautiful places! Thank you for “taking” me along, but please listen to your feet 😉 Plantar fasciitis isn’t any fun and can cramp your style.

• warpandwoofknitting July 1, 2016 / 10:29 pm

Hi Sandra; Thank you for this! Oh yes, sore feet – mine were due to the sheer length of the walk thankfully, so they recovered just fine. So far, so good….I sure love this province of ours. 🙂 >

2. Mom July 1, 2016 / 11:39 pm

Just beautiful my girl. Makes me tired just looking. Luv ya!

3. lynngrayross July 2, 2016 / 8:47 am

Made me realise how many years ago it was that we travelled the Trans-Canada and ended up in this lovely area with those amazing ‘jade’ rivers. (1966) loved your descriptions.

• warpandwoofknitting July 2, 2016 / 2:44 pm

Thank you so much. There were many travellers on the road this week, the Trans Canada is a fabulous route. I really appreciate your note.

Sent from my iPad

4. mugo July 2, 2016 / 10:54 am

Sure love the Province too. The invincible one all right but only gets you places because you are behind the wheel. Would that be the same road you drove the hire car up and had you buy a similar one?

Photos good too. I guess where I am can produce photos too but mountains substantially less high up in the sky. But who is counting. Might I suggest ‘Tilly’ or better still ‘Tara’ for your lovely van?

• warpandwoofknitting July 2, 2016 / 2:41 pm

Hi Rev. Mugo; Yes indeed, it was the same road. The rock fall that thwarted me last year is cleared and I got a fair bit further. You know, Tara strikes me as a very good name… Thank you! With bows.

Sent from my iPad