Multi Shaft Weaving, No Shaft Weaving…

The second is a bit of a palate cleanse from the first.

IMG_0814

IMG_0828

The first: napkins for the dinner table, wonderful to me in that the sett worked, the pattern worked, the materials worked and there are no obvious blunders. A small improvement in skills, though much of multi- shaft weaving remains just out of my understanding. I blindly follow instructions here.

The second: odds and ends first spun into a four ply novelty yarn. The loom a picture frame, string and office supplies. The material likely to be made into small bags, (the extent of my primitive sewing skills, using suitably primitive fabric.) In a way weaving is a pretty expensive hobby, in another, well, use what you have. Fun.

IMG_2517

I took the van for a run to Crescent Beach. Watched the birds and sat for a while.

6 thoughts on “Multi Shaft Weaving, No Shaft Weaving…

1. Deb February 1, 2015 / 1:14 am

I have a primitive weaving project on the go too. Yours seems to be a much better system!

• warpandwoofknitting February 1, 2015 / 4:16 am

Its fun isn’t it? The only thing that is a bit tricky with my way is keeping the tension reasonable, and I haven’t figured out if I can progress the fabric this way either…we shall see!

• Deb February 1, 2015 / 6:44 am

I’m not even hoping for even tension on mine. I’m using left over scraps I have trimmed off knitting projects, most are 8″ to maybe 24″ long to weave the weft with. I have a huge bag of these scraps, I’m too cheap to throw them out, so I am going to make something out of them. I think the end product will be a pincushion as I can use the tiny cuttings as stuffing. I need to come up with other ways to use these bits.

• warpandwoofknitting February 1, 2015 / 3:59 pm

I will keep an eye out for the finished project!

Sent from my iPad

• warpandwoofknitting February 1, 2015 / 4:20 am

And oh my, I clicked through to your blogs tonight, very inspiring, great photos!

• Deb February 1, 2015 / 6:22 am

Thanks for taking a look. There will be a new blog/website/project coming in a few months; I am still building it. You’ll have to take a peak at it when it is up.