All things considered, it was a pretty good year…

DSCN0182

DSCN0678

DSCN0911

IMG_0586

DSCN0993(Detail of the yoke of yet another EZ Percentage System cardigan. The stranding done with handspun, some of the lichen dyed (the yellows) that smells so very good when the body warms it. Keeps one warm as the year comes to an end.)

10 thoughts on “All things considered, it was a pretty good year…

1. mom December 27, 2012 / 5:42 pm

Happy New Year to you. Hopefully 2013 will be less stressful!!!!!! Much love

• warpandwoofknitting December 27, 2012 / 7:37 pm

Hi Mom – yup, I am looking forward to all sorts of good stuff for 2013. Lots of love to you too.

2. starproms December 27, 2012 / 6:11 pm

Love how your pretty little cat is helping you with your handicraft. The yoke on that jumper is gorgeous. I love the Norwegian style.
    It’s nice to look back on a good year. May next year be good for you also.
    Blessings, Oma

• warpandwoofknitting December 27, 2012 / 7:36 pm

Thanks so much for looking in. And thanks for the comment on the jumper, (sweater in canuck), I really love stranded colour work, and it is deceptively simple. All the best for you and yours in 2013, lots more lovely things to blog about!

• starproms December 27, 2012 / 8:09 pm

I’d rather like to know which pattern you use for that beautiful jumper? Is it a well known one? Years ago my mum made one in purple with little Christmas trees all around the neck. Since she’s died I’ve never found the pattern but I remember how comfortable it was to wear. She made one for herself and one for me. If I find a picture of them, I’ll post it.

• warpandwoofknitting December 27, 2012 / 8:51 pm

Hi and please do post the picture if it turns up, I really enjoy seeing well loved knits. As it happens the jumper is from a formula that Elizabeth Zimmerman “unvented” in her words. You plan according to the gauge of the yarn and work from there. The yoke is a combination of patterns from an Alice Starmore book of fair isle I have- I just decided on a particular theme and chose charts based on that. So sort of my design but not really, more like I put the pieces together. Fun to do though. I tend to wing it based on what yarn I have in the house!

• starproms December 28, 2012 / 5:17 pm

Well however you did it, it’s lovely. I will take a look at an Alice Starmore book. I do similar things with patterns because I find that each pattern is good in one way and not in another. E.g. I prefer the sleeves from one and the front from another. I like the pattern from C because it’s easy to do but looks complicated etc. etc. Now I have a task to look for the Norwegian jumper my mum made, haven’t I?

3. Verónica December 27, 2012 / 6:55 pm

Love the first picture of the trees covered in snow.