small gifts

This sweet little project came off the blocking board this morning and I am really very pleased. I like to have a few small knitted things around as potential small gifts, it is amazing how frequently the opportunity can arise to want to just give a little something. I am knocked flat when it happens to me. This knitted up very quickly and if I make it again I may enlarge it to full shawl size. It is definitely in the shawlette category but very pretty indeed. The name of the pattern is Summer Flies, a freeby from Ravelry and it seems fitting. The light and the breeze outside are all telling me it is autumn out there. We are sitting happily on our south facing deck these days when we usually have to avoid it till later in the summer, it gets so hot. A “small gift”, to sit quietly on the deck after work and watch all the birds in the trees. It’s an amazing neighbourhood we live in, a respite of green in a very busy city. I saw three piliated woodpeckers on a tree the other day on my walk, they must have been from one family. A heron flew by my living room window last week when I was talking on the phone. Yup, small gifts indeed!

6 thoughts on “small gifts

1. Carole August 19, 2011 / 3:03 pm

I really like your blog, its the writing that I love the most as I am not the best at critical assessment of knitting. It looks great tho. I believe I know who you were talking to when the heron flew by.

• warpandwoofknitting August 21, 2011 / 3:44 am

That pleases me no end, as I am kind of nervous about this whole thing. Thank you Mom!

2. Sandra August 19, 2011 / 8:06 pm

like the shawl, and if it is a gift the recipient will be thrilled with it!

• warpandwoofknitting August 21, 2011 / 3:42 am

Thanks Sandra! I hope it is something someone would like, it was certainly a great knit. Michele

3. Alison August 20, 2011 / 6:41 pm

Howdy, really like your projects, always something neat! Your crocheted shawl and Buddha are at home in my living room, and with many thanks for these.

• warpandwoofknitting August 21, 2011 / 3:43 am

You know, that Buddha was meant for you guys, it was kind of obvious after the fact. Hey, this replying to comments is fun!